To be eligible for this position, an applicant must meet the following required qualifications. In addition, verification of these required qualifications is necessary.
- High School diploma or equivalent (G.E.D.) prior to being hired.
It is preferred that applicant possesses the following preferred qualifications; however, the following qualifications are not required to be eligible for this position.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education;
- One year of teaching experience;
- Valid Arizona Department of Education Teacher Certificate.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The qualifications for this job description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Skills required, but not limited to, for this position include:
- Understanding early, middle, and adolescent childhood;
- Supervising children including safety and health issues;
- Developing age-appropriate lessons for children;
- Instructing children;
- Identifying safety hazards to children;
- Understanding rules of the sport;
- Engaging and encouraging communication skills while interacting with supervisors, staff, students, etc. to exchange information.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The working environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.