To assist the Head Coach in providing a positive athletic experience for participants, patrons, students and coaches, and insuring a cost-effective and quality program that helps the student develop physically, emotionally and mentally.
- Demonstrates skill and experience in the sport coached.
- Valid Idaho Teaching Credential preferred.
- Ability to work with staff, students, and the public.
- Preference for hiring will be given to a qualified teacher in the school where the coaching vacancy exists. The Building Administrator will certify that qualified candidates within the building have been given consideration.
- Current CPR certification.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists the head coach in carrying out their responsibilities to the students and the district.
- Assumes the responsibilities of the head coach during his/her absence.
- Is responsible for the safety of the students under their direction during practice and competition.
- Complies with all rules and regulations of the IHSSA, the State Board of Education and the Board of Trustees for School District No. 93.
- Strives to maintain and improve professional competence including attendance at district workshops on safety and legal issues, i.e., CPR, and first aid.
- Attends appropriate meetings and serves on committees as requested by the Head Coach, Athletic Director, and/or the Building Administrator.