- Prepares and delivers a tennis training program for all student-athletes.
- Assesses the skill development of each student-athlete, and partners with school staff and performance coaches to ensure their ongoing comprehensive development.
- Assists with the psychological preparation of the student-athlete in both pre-match and post-match.
- Develops motivational approach to practice and matches.
- Works to develop comprehensive knowledge of tennis in decision-making, handling authority and setting and meeting objectives.
- Interacts with the student-athlete as a mentor and as an educator of the sport.
Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
- Experience in coaching &/or playing tennis at the professional &/or collegiate level.
- Bachelor’s degree in physical education, sports management, business administration or a similar sports or business related field or the equivalent.
- Proficiency in all tennis training and instructional techniques.
- Strong commitment to student-athletes and their development.
- Desire to work collaboratively with colleagues.
- Requires a background check upon offer.
- Requires a drug check upon offer.