The In-Shape Coach encourages our members to pursue a holistic approach to fitness through our group fitness and recreational sports programs offerings. Instructors continually monitor members’ needs and progress through safe exercises/routines, while creating an engaging and fun workout experience. This role may lead live or virtual classes and work with all ages.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Validates member’s access to paid programming.
- Motivates members to explore multiple group fitness classes, recreational sports programs and club amenities to enhance their fitness journey.
- Promotes and participates in club events encouraging members and guests to attend.
- Connects with members through being welcoming, and approachable; teaches authentically and gives genuine praise.
- Delivers a motivating coaching experience in every class/clinic, providing solid cuing (verbal and non-verbal), a seamless class flow, along with a variety of modifications, so every member feels successful.
- Coaches correct form and technique, so members are safe and benefit from each exercise/routine.
- Demonstrates workout as a role model – proper form, technique, and equipment.
- HS diploma or GED equivalent.
- Coach a minimum of 5 classes per week.
- Audition is required as part of the selection process.
- Strong motivational skills.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Trustline registered to coach children.
- Attend and participate in required meetings and trainings as needed.
- Willing and able to work a flexible shift: evenings, weekends, and holidays.