St. Anthony Catholic High School, a private, college preparatory High school for young men and women, is seeking a Tennis Coach. This is a seasonal part-time position. Position is expected to coach sport within the mission of St. Anthony Catholic High School and our Core Values of Honesty & Integrity; Community; Service & Social Justice; Scholarship; and Holistic Education. The Tennis Coach reports to the Athletic Director.
- Supervise and lead the tennis program on the court, instructing players in rules, regulations, and techniques of the sport;
- Assess player skills, monitor players during competition and practice, and determine game strategy;
- Stay abreast of and take appropriate action to ensure academic progress of all tennis student-athletes;
- Schedule, organize, and attend tennis meets as appropriate, to include driving teams in school bus;
- Maintain budget for tennis program;
- Follow established procedures in the event of an athlete’s injury;
- Model good sportsmanship behavior and maintain appropriate conduct towards players, officials and spectators;
- Participate in special activities to include senior night, athletic banquet, booster club meetings, and pep rallies.
- Strong background in dealing with inexperienced tennis players and developing them from 9th grade through 12th grade.
- Must have strong organizational skills and communicate well with the students, faculty, and parents.
- Ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse communities and cultures.