Under the direction of the Head Tennis Coach, the Assistant Tennis Coach should model and maintain an exemplary student-athlete concept and the personal development of a student athlete who's on and off the court/field behavior reflects favorably upon the Our Lady of the Lake community in general and the athletics program in particular.
- Responsible for providing coaching and administrative assistance to the Head Coach in all areas of the Tennis program.
- Assists with scouting and recruitment of quality student-athletes.
- Monitors academic progress and eligibility status of student-athletes.
- Participates in public relations activities and fundraising.
- Ensures the highest professional standards and behavior with regard to adherence to NAIA rules and regulations.
- Advise student-athletes regarding rules and regulations related to financial aid and eligibility.
- Counsel team members in academic, disciplinary, personal matters while adhering to FERPA guidelines.
- Monitor academic progress and eligibility status for student-athletes in class and study hall.
- Participates in annual continuing education programs regarding NAIA rules
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- A minimum of three years of coaching experience, preferably in a college or university setting, with at least one year of experience coaching the assigned sport is preferred.