St. Michael's Catholic Academy is seeking a Varsity Head Tennis Coach. Coaches must possess a demonstrated interest and enthusiasm for working with student athletes in each developmental stage to be motivated, and life-long learners. SMCA strives to create positive relationships with parents and the community, thus coaches are expected to demonstrate a willingness to partner with parents in order to create meaningful growth and development for student-athletes.
- Supports and upholds the philosophy of Catholic education and the mission of the school.
- Acts as a witness to Gospel values by modeling the teachings of the Catholic Church.
- Prior coaching experience with High School aged athletes. Head coaching experience preferred.
- Willing and able to invest into the develop.ment all student-athletes involved with the program
- Effectively communicate with student athletes and parents.
- Attend all practices and matches (March-May).
- Coordinate match schedule and bus requests with Athletic Department.
- Willing to collaborate and establish vertical alignment with middle school program.
Experience, Degree, and Skills:
- At least five years of coaching experience with head coaching experience preferred.
- Passion for developing student athletes in skill and character while teaching the fundamentals and advanced skills of the sport.
- Ability to work well within a team.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with both colleagues and the community.