This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit, charitable organization committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The tennis coach oversees the activities, practices, and clinics of the tennis program.
- Provides one on one or group coaching sessions.
- Tracks daily attendance sheets.
- Keeps the courts clear of equipment and puts equipment in proper storage place.
- Attends all staff meetings and training sessions when scheduled.
- Maintains a professional attitude at all times.
- Reports needed equipment repairs to Tennis Pro in writing.
- Enforces all facility rules.
- Secures substitutes as necessary.
- Provides direct teaching leadership in a team teaching situation.
- Shares responsibility in interpreting and communicating child’s progress to parents.
- HS Diploma or GED is required.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Certifications required within the first 60 days of hire: YMCA approved basic life saving skills such as CPR, First Aid, AED.
- Must be able to demonstrate swim instructor skills in accordance with YMCA standards.
- Ability to maintain certification-level of physical and mental readiness.