- Holds a current Illinois teaching certificate and/or is certified by the IHSA or other sports certification as required.
- Preferably a certified teacher.
- An appropriate level of knowledge of the sport for high school coaching.
- Previous coaching experience in assigned sport is recommended.
- All coaches must submit to a fingerprint criminal records check.
- Obtain CPR/AED Certification and complete assigned District and IHSA trainings.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct a meeting with parents and players to discuss learning objectives, philosophy on acceptable player behavior, practice procedures, substance abuse policy, and other guidelines that relate to the program.
- Have a thorough knowledge of all District and State athletic policies and be responsible for their implementation and report all rule violations to the school AD.
- Understand and follow the proper administrative line of command.
- Conduct oneself as a positive role model including professional dress appropriate for practice and games.
- Consult with the athletic director and principal, or his designee, in matters of purchasing equipment, scheduling, and coaching assignments.
- Turn in team rosters as directed to the athletic director by the designated timeline.
- Assess player’s skills and assign team positions.
- Develop a regular practice schedule and organize in season and out of season time to provide both individual and team development.