- Idaho Teaching Certification preferred.
- American Sport Education Program Certification, or National Federation of Interscholastic Coaches Association Certification.
- Certification in first aid and CPR.
- Demonstrated knowledge of tennis, sports training, conditioning, injury prevention, kinesiology, management, and the rules of the Idaho High School Activities Association Handbook.
- Related experience as determined by the Board.
- Ability to foster and sustain students' interest in the activity and promote skill development.
- Possess good organizational skills.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Attend all tryouts, practice meetings, and in-school events, and supervise students during related field trips and other out-of-school functions.
- Organize practice schedules and game rosters.
- Assign positions to players, and develop strategies and styles of play.
- Attend out-of-school meetings, supervise fundraisers, and help students prepare for competitions.
- Coach individual participants of varying abilities in the skills necessary for achievement in tennis.
- Track student performance throughout the season and develop stat sheets on players.
- Arrange with the athletics and activities director for any necessary transportation.
- Ensure the safety of the students and maintain responsibility for the security of equipment and facilities and ensure that safety equipment is used correctly.
- Cooperate with bookkeeper regarding proper fundraising, ordering supplies and maintain proper account management following bookkeeping guidelines.