This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit, charitable organization committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The tennis coach oversees the activities, practices, and clinics of the tennis program.
- HS Diploma or GED is required.
- At least 18 years of age.
- One to three years experience and certification as a ASCA level 1 swim coach.
- Certifications required within the first 60 days of hire: YMCA approved basic life saving skills such as CPR, First Aid, AED, and Emergency Oxygen Certifications
- Must be able to demonstrate swim instructor skills in accordance with YMCA standards.
- YMCA Swim Instructor certification, or equivalent.
- Ability to maintain certification-level of physical and mental readiness.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Work is performed in an outdoor and indoor recreation environment.
- Ability to instruct and observe participants in proper techniques.
- Visual acuity is necessary, to keep track of everyone in the pool.
- Ability to respond properly to medical emergency is necessary.
- Job requires high levels of alertness and concentration.