The Tennis Coach/Instructor is responsible for recruiting, advising, training, and preparing all athletes in the tennis program as well as teach course(s) based on credentials and needs of the college.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Adheres to the policies, procedures, and standards of Central Alabama Community College, Alabama Community College System, accrediting agencies and federal regulatory bodies.
- Responsible for recruitment of tennis players.
- Recruits and manages student manager(s).
- Participates and coordinates fundraising activities for tennis team as assigned.
- Assists with fundraising activities for Athletic Department as assigned.
- Coordinates daily care of athletic facilities.
- Provides daily supervision of the student athletes.
- Enforces College policies and Student Code of Conduct with student athletes.
- Immediately informs Athletic Director and Police Chief of match schedule changes.
- Models professional and appropriate behavior at all times to student athletes. Immediately reports any violations of College, ACCC, and NJCAA policy to the Athletic Director.
- Master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution (18 graduate semester or 27 graduate quarter hours in teaching discipline area is required).
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience tennis coaching is required; college level preferred.
- Knowledge of NCAA and NJCAA eligibility and transfer rules required.
- Experience in athletic fundraising required.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, is required.
- Proficient computer and word processing skills is required.
- Excellent organizational and managerial skills is required.
- Ability to establish priorities and work independently is required.
- Ability to communicate with and motivate student athletes is required.