MHS is currently seeking Tennis Coaches. Qualified applicants should exhibit a commitment to high achievement and support for all students in a diverse, multi-cultural environment. This is a one year ancillary position and the seasons run August to October, and March through May with practices primarily two days per week Monday through Friday from 3:15-6:00. Off season work is flexible and necessary for this position. MHS is in the midst of introducing tennis to athletics programing and will not be participating in matches at this time. Further direction and guidance will be considered from the chosen coach.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Driver’s license required.
- Has at least 3 years of successful coaching experience or experience playing at the collegiate level.
- Demonstrates knowledge of current coaching techniques, rules and regulations, and training theory of the sport.
- Must have the ability to teach beginner skills while also developing various skill level athletes in a positive and professional manner.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and inspire diverse youth. Experience working with students from disadvantaged backgrounds preferred.
- Demonstrated skills in providing safe, structured skill development practice and playing experiences, while also developing high character student athletes.
- Strong communication skills (verbal & written).