Assists the head coach with the training and instruction of student athletes, maintaining appropriate practice plans, assisting with practice schedules, and conforming to all district and league policies and procedures for athletics. The assistant coach will demonstrate a high degree of ethics, professionalism, human relations, and be a positive role model for all students.
Education and Experience:
- Previous coaching experience preferred.
- Holds or is eligible for First Aid, AED and CPR certification.
- Complete the Virginia High School League (VHSL) Coaches Education Requirements within timelines set forth by VHSL
- Sensory skills to effectively communicate and interact with other employees and the public through the use of the telephone and personal contact as normally defined by the ability to see, read, talk, hear, handle or feel objects and controls.
- Physical capability to effectively use and operate various items of office related equipment, such as, but not limited to: a personal computer, calculator, copier, fax machine and projection and video devices.
- Ability to engage in significant climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, or repetitive motions.