The Head Girls Tennis Coach will be in charge of developing and implementing the Girls Tennis program for Sauk Rapids-Rice High School. He/She will instruct participants, oversee safety, and supervise assistant coaches. The Head Coach will oversee a program of student participants in grades 9-12, but will be involved in all aspects of District ISD No.47 Tennis youth through varsity.
- Coach and instruct students, individually or in groups, regarding the rules, regulations, and proper use of equipment/facility.
- Supervision of assistant coaches and oversight of duties.
- Assess student’s skills and assign line-ups.
- Develop practice schedules.
- Assign duties to subordinate coaches as necessary.
- Observe students during practice and competition to help determine the needs for individual, duals or team improvement.
- Establish and maintain professionalism while supervising students and coaches during practice and meets.
- Act as the team and program representative, by promoting tennis by communicating with parents, visitors, within region, MSHSL, etc.
- Coaching or high-level playing experience in Tennis.
- Organization skills.
- Supervision experience.
- Passion for Tennis.
- Serve as a positive role model for kids.
- CPR/First Aid/AED Certification or the ability to become certified at a District sponsored training.
- 18 years of age.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Must be available to work varying practice shifts and nights and weekends for events.
- Demonstrated ability to teach the development of skills and proper techniques in area of specialty.
- Ability to lift equipment.