It is the job of every coach to instill positive and ethical values in student athletes through sports. The head coach is responsible for themselves, their assistant coaches and their players in the program. The program should facilitate the social and emotional growth of every student athlete while also improving athletic skills.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES, AND SKILLS:
- Excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrated management, leadership and human relations skills.
- Ability to exercise good judgment in making decisions.
- Demonstrated success in accomplishing tasks akin to the duties and responsibilities listed below
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Calvert County Public Schools may find appropriate and acceptable.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Develop and implement an athlete-centered coaching philosophy.
- Identify, model and teach positive values and behaviors through sports.
- Demonstrate ethical conduct.
- Prevent injuries by ensuring the facility and equipment is safe and appropriate.
- Monitor environmental conditions and modify participation as needed.
- Recognize injuries and provide immediate and appropriate care.
- Design and implement a training, conditioning, recovery and nutritional program for your team.
- Facilitate the social and emotional growth of athletes by creating a positive athletic environment.
- Provide an opportunity for athletes to learn responsibility and leadership.
Calvert County Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, ancestry or national origin, familial status, marital status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, or genetic information or age in its programs and activities and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups.