Do you enjoy teaching tennis and working with young children? If so, the City of Louisville is hiring Tennis Instructors for the summer. You will perform a variety of duties which include instructing and leading children in various tennis activities. Age range is children between 4 to 7 year olds and 8 to 10 year olds. A great opportunity for someone who enjoys teaching and working with school-aged children.
- Create a safe, friendly and welcome atmosphere for children to learn tennis skills.
- Teach tennis fundamentals through fun, interactive games.
- Lead participants in practices and matches.
- Monitor and advise participants in proper techniques.
- Create an environment of inclusion for all participants and develop good sportsmanship behavior in participants.
- Track program participation and supervise equipment usage.
- These duties are illustrative only and are not intended to be all inclusive.
- Leading and/or instructing group tennis lessons.
- Ability to teach and demonstrate tennis skills including, but not limited to: forehand, backhand, serve and volley's.
- Ability to establish and maintain an effective and courteous relationships with members of the public.
- Ability to project your voice so participants can hear your instructions.
- Ability to perform physical activities for prolonged period of times and instruct during the execution of tennis programs.
- Ability to teach youth and enjoy teaching youth.
- Must be able to work outside in various weather climates.
- Ability to communicate to adults and children.
- Ability to maintain simple records and to understand and carry out verbal and written instructions.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE JOB:
Must be able to simulate athletic movements necessary to coach sports. Must be able to run, see, hear, and effectively communicate to sports participants. The position includes pushing, pulling, rolling, and lifting ball carts up to 40lbs as needed. Position involves long periods of standing and moving.