High school assistant coaches work in concert with the assistant coach to ensure the growth and development of student athletes by focusing on fundamental skills instruction with an emphasis on whole child development to include expectations for academic and athletic excellence, leadership skills, and positive social relationships.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The assistant coach will keep abreast of knowledge and techniques associated with his/her sport by staying current with sport-specific literature and attending clinics and workshops.
- The assistant coach will study the rules and regulations associated with his/her sport.
- The assistant coach will read and understand the rules and regulations of the Washington Interscholastic Activities Association (WIAA), Federal Way Public Schools, and the league in which his/her team competes.
- The assistant coach will promote his/her sport within the school and in the community.
- Scores and contest-related information will be reported to designated media and the league website immediately following each contest.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Prior sport-specific playing and/or coaching experience in a secondary and/or post-secondary athletics program and/or related club coaching experience.
- Proven training and experience in the presentation of drills, safety factors, and proper application of skills.
All employment open positions are made available on a nondiscriminatory basis without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, gender, age, disability or veteran status.