The Assistant Director of Tennis, Columbia University Tennis Center will work closely with the Director to oversee all operations of the new, state of the art, six indoor/six outdoor court tennis facility.
- Assist in developing, organizing and promoting all tennis programming including junior development, adult, summer camps and special events with the Director.
- Organize and run USTA and UTR tournaments.
- Provide lessons and clinics for members and guests of the facility.
- Input all information into the court management system, including court reservations, membership and player data, team practice and match schedules, financial reports, and other pertinent details.
- Assist with management of the front desk operations to take court reservations, monitor and assign courts, collect fees and occasionally be assigned at the front desk as needed
- Oversee pro shop and racquet stringing operations, if applicable
- Responsible for record keeping of all payments for membership, seasonal court time and hourly rental.
- Responsible for managing payment confirmations outstanding balances due and prepare monthly invoices and follow up of all outstanding payments, as needed, in additional to monthly reconciliation process.
- 3 – 5 years of tennis program development.
- Preferred experience with operational facility software, such as “Court Reserve” and “Ball Button”.
- Proven track record of successful summer camp management.
- Reporting expertise.
- Valid Driver's License.
- Must have strong organizational and tennis background with expertise in court management software, program development, promotions, project management, organization and administration.
- Must have experience organizing and managing winter and summer camps and running USTA and UTR tournaments.