The Assistant Athletic Director will assist the Athletic Director in overseeing all aspects of the athletic and physical education programs that are sponsored by the school. This includes the interviewing of coaches, ordering equipment for teams, promoting events, matches, and meets. The Assistant AD also helps to coordinate All Sports Booster Club and the Knight Golf Classic Annual Fundraiser.
- Assists in the development and supervision of developmentally appropriate athletic and PE programs in line with the school’s overall educational mission and goals and are accessible to all students.
- Teach PE classes assigned by Division Head(s)
- Assist with the recruitment of / interviewing for open coaching positions.
- Coordinate the distribution, collection, storage, upkeep, and replacement of all school athletic uniforms and equipment.
- Ensure that home facilities are prepared for hosting athletic contests.
- Establish a good rapport with students, parents, coaches, faculty, and staff.
- Manage a tracking process to assure that student-athletes are academically eligible for a given sport.
- Ensure that all athletic equipment and facilities are safe for daily use.
- Maintain accurate records of team and individual athletic statistics and accomplishments.
- Bachelor’s degree in Exercise and Sport Sciences; Sports Management; Recreation Management, or similar.
- Master’s degree in Sports Management, Organizational Leadership or Education Administration preferred.
- At least four years of relevant experience in an Athletic Program preferably within an independent school.
- Experience teaching and/or coaching different sports as well as different levels (middle school, junior varsity, varsity).
- Successful background working with student-athletes and coaches.
- Demonstrate strong support for the stated learning philosophy of The Village School. Workshops and extra study may be required to ensure a thorough understanding of the philosophy.
- Understanding of 21st century classroom practices and interdisciplinary connections is required.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, with a professional and empathetic approach.