The Part-Time Temporary Third Assistant CC/Track Coach is responsible for assisting in planning and administering all aspects of the CC/Track Program as assigned. Under the direction of the FT Head and FT Assistant Coach, the PT Temporary Third Assistant CC/Track Coach should model and maintain an exemplary student-athlete concept and the personal development of a student athlete who's on and off the court/field behavior reflects favorably upon the Our Lady of the Lake community in general and the athletics program in particular.
- Responsible for providing coaching and administrative assistance to the Head Coach in all areas of the CC / Track program.
- Conduct all practices at the discretion of the FT coaches.
- Assists with scouting and recruitment of quality student-athletes.
- Ensures the highest professional standards and behavior with regard to adherence to NAIA rules and regulations.
- Advise student-athletes regarding rules and regulations related to financial aid and eligibility.
- Counsel team members in academic, disciplinary, personal matters while adhering to FERPA guidelines.
- Monitor academic progress and eligibility status for student-athletes in class and study hall.
- Participates in annual continuing education programs regarding NAIA rules.
- Coordinates and assist administration with home and visiting team's game day activities (schedule practices, setup and breakdown of equipment, personnel, field set up, etc.).
- Works with Sports Information Director to communicate the accomplishments and endeavors of the JV team and individuals.
- Thorough knowledge of fundamentals, technical aspects, and strategy for assigned sport.
- Ability to recruit and retain qualified athletes and to facilitate timely progress toward graduation.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to learn, apply and adhere to NAIA rules and regulations.
- Ability to interact well with officials, coaches, parents, media, and the public.
- Ability to work with students of all faiths and mentor student-athletes.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.