DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with the teaching the sports of cross country and track and field to student athletes.
- Assist with the evaluation, recruitment and retention of Track & Field athletes.
- Assist with meeting the recruitment and retention goals set and assessed annually by the district.
- Knowledge and experience working with athletes in the Hurdles, High jump, relays, sprints and/or mid distance/cross country is desired.
- Write recruitment reports as deemed necessary by the Athletic Director.
- Assist with daily planning, organization and supervision of practices and competitions.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND CERTIFICATION:
- Pass a background check and drug test when coaching on the public school level.
- Have experience playing on a basketball team.
- Have past experience as an assistant basketball coach.
- High school diploma with +6 years of experience; OR Associates degree.
- A great deal of time is spent in a high school or college gymnasium or a large sports arena.
- Time will be spent in a locker room with players or in a film room reviewing past games.
- The noise level is high particularly during games.
- A great deal of standing, walking back and forth on the basketball court and even running up and down the court is required.