Part-Time Coaching male and/or female athletes in a specific sport or activity. A coach is considered a role model for athletes assigned to his/her team; therefore, sportsmanship, fair play, and full participation are mandatory. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Attend all scheduled coaches’ meetings and training sessions.
- Conduct a short parents’ meeting before the start of season- introduce self, give contact info, etc.
- Plan, Supervise, and Facilitate safe and effective coaching practices that are suitable for the age and ability of the participants.
- Supervise safe arrival and departure of children; supervise children and assistant coaches during practices and games.
- Learn and adhere to handbook, league rules, policies, and procedures.
- Maintain any and all equipment provided by NYOS Charter School and return in its same condition at the conclusion of the season.
- Report any incidents to the Athletics Coordinator.
- Some experience as a MS Track and Field coach or assistant coach at the middle school or high school level preferred but not required.
- Must possess effective coaching techniques and skills.
- Must possess a thorough knowledge of the rules, regulations, strategies, and techniques of the sport.
- Must possess the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with school administrators, parents, and students.