Illinois State University, a NCAA Division I institution, member of the Missouri Valley Conference invites applications for the position of Graduate Assistant for Track and Field/Cross Country within the department of Athletics. This pre-professional, 12-month position includes a tuition waiver and a stipend of $1,755 per month. The successful applicant must meet the admission requirements for Illinois State's Graduate School.
- Plan, organize, and arrange aspects of team travel including but not limited to: team meals for home and away contests, transportation and team lodging arrangements.
- Assists with monitoring and organizing logistics for practices.
- Assists with the organization and coordination of on-campus recruitment of prospective student-athletes and recruitment mailings.
- Assists program staff with orchestration of home meets.
- Assists with Team Communication.
- Other duties as assigned by the head coach.
- Degree seeking graduate student at Illinois State University majoring in Recreation Administration or Sports Management.
- Desire to coach the sport as a profession.
- Experience and/or interest in working with other event areas within the sport.
- Competed in Collegiate level athletics or was heavily involved in the athletic department.
- Computer skills.