- Knows and implements all District and School Athletic Policies and procedures for the entire sports program.
- Knows, interprets and consistently implements system, state and MSHSL regulations.
- Understands and follows District procedures for reviewing and responding to complaints or concerns related to the sports program.
- Assists the Activity Director in scheduling, providing transportation and managing equipment for regular season events, tournaments, plays and other special sports events.
- Assists in the necessary preparation to hold scheduled sports events or practices and adheres to scheduled facility times, coordinating as necessary with maintenance and other school employees.
- Provides documentation to fulfill state and system requirements concerning physical examinations, parent consent and eligibility.
- Provides proper safeguards for maintenance and protection of assigned equipment sites.
- MN Coaching license or Bachelor’s Degree in sports/fitness related field OR proven knowledge and experience necessary to coach the activity; completion of six quarter college credits (or equivalent), or 60 clock hours of instruction in first aid and the care and prevention of athletic injuries; and completion of a coaching methods or theory course.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and supervise the activity; previous coaching experience and substantive knowledge base in assigned activity; proven ability to work with high school aged students modeling positive character and responsible behavior; orientation toward continuous improvement.