To instruct athletes in the fundamental skills, strategy and physical training necessary for them to realize a degree of individual and team success while at the same time helping the athlete to achieve an increased level of self-esteem, an appreciation for the values of sportsmanship and discipline.
- Valid Connecticut coaching certification.
- Updated first aid/CPR training approved by Connecticut State Department of Education.
- Completion of Module 15 – Concussion Management
- Has the ability to organize and supervise a total sports program.
- Has substantial knowledge of the technical aspects of the sport.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the administrative assistant in providing transportation and requirements for tournament and special sport events.
- Attend all league meetings regarding scheduling and rule updates specific to their sport.
- Responsible for developing their schedules for all levels of play.
- Communicates all schedule changes to the athletic director or administrative assistant.
- Provides proper safeguards for maintenance and protection of assigned equipment storage areas.
- Assist in the necessary preparation to hold scheduled sport events or practices and adheres to scheduled facility times.
- Makes recommendations for awards, and is responsible for clarification of the award policy to athletes.
- Is responsible for completing the duties listed on the “coaches checklist”.