The Coach is responsible for motivating, supervising and directing student athletes to achieve a high level of skill as well as an appreciation for discipline, sportsmanship and teamwork.
- Plan and organize practices and games.
- Instructs and demonstrates skill sets and techniques necessary for individual and team achievement in the sport.
- Teach student athletes the fundamentals of the sport.
- Develops appropriate training programs and practice schedules.
- Ensures the proper cleaning, storage, and maintenance of all athletic equipment and uniforms.
- Analyze the strengths and weaknesses of individual athletes and opposing teams.
- Plan strategies and choose team members for each game.
- Able to assist in transportation for student athletes including driving a school insured activity bus.
- Provide direction, encouragement, and motivation to prepare athletes for games.
- Call plays and make decisions about strategy and player substitutions during games.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Previous coaching experience or participation in a college or high school sports program preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.