Under the supervision of the Sports Director, this position is responsible for the teaching of youth Track Club program to youth 5-18 years old, in compliance with the standards, policies and procedures of the Ann Arbor YMCA. Track Club coaches must use organizational and communication skills as well as the ability to develop and implement effective lesson plans.
- Monitor, and organize recreational activities for the Track Club
- Oversee set up and break down of scheduled activities.
- Ensure ongoing availability of programs to meet the needs of the community. Review and evaluate member participation and requests and communicate these findings to the Sports Director.
- Monitor and maintain facilities and equipment.
- Speak with parents and participants on a regular basis to ensure knowledge of schedules.
- Deliver YMCA Youth Sports programs to children ages 5-18.
- Coach youth while promoting YMCA character values to ensure a positive early sports experience for all participants.
- Develop and implement program activities and lesson plans that provide youth with positive first experiences in physical activity.
- A minimum of 6 months of track and field related experience is required; one (1) year is preferred.
- High School degree or equivalent is required.
- Must have access to reliable transportation to be able to monitor activities at off-site locations with a goal of enforcing YMCA core values program rules.
- Must be CPR and First Aid certified within 60 days of employment.
- Must have knowledge of, and/or training in conflict resolution.
- Must be able to develop timely and effective communication strategies to encourage gymnasium activities participants to abide by facility rules and schedules.