The Head Cross Country Coach/Assistant Track & Field Coach is responsible for assisting the Head Coach in organizing and managing all phases of a Division I Cross Country and Track & Field program, including recruiting, team travel, strength & conditioning, student-athlete academic monitoring, public speaking, competition scheduling, budget management, and community/donor relations.
- Coaches team at practices and competitive events.
- Oversee academic and personal well-being of student-athletes.
- Assist in building a nationally competitive Division I program through successful recruiting and retention of high-level student-athletes.
- Collaborates with Head Coach, Athletic Trainers, and Strength & Conditioning Coach to design both academic year (in season and out-of-season) and summer conditioning programs.
- Assist with budgeting, reconciling expenses, and proposing purchases for sports program.
- Serve as key liaison to the broader (University) community, engaging in alumni, fund raising, and other key stakeholder activities.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent experience.
- Collegiate or professional coaching experience
- Applicants should demonstrate an awareness of and sensitivity to the educational goals of a multicultural population as might have been gained in cross-cultural study, training, teaching and other comparable experience.
San José State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or disability. This policy applies to all San José State University students, faculty, and staff as well as University programs and activities.