This position is open to all individuals, including current employees. However, in no event will the addition of this position to a currently held position result in overtime pay. Employment in the above position is for the stated school year only and does not continue past that school year. The District makes a separate determination each school year who to employ in each extra-curricular position.
- Individuals occupying coaching positions are responsible for developing fundamental skills and an understanding of the rules of the sport in participants, modeling and fostering cooperation, sportsmanship and ethical behavior.
- Coaches determine the system of play to be used and develop and implement best strategies and methods to carry out the system.
- They are responsible for maintaining a safe environment for participants, ensuring their eligibility and monitoring their behavior.
- Coaches issue and inventory equipment, maintain financial and other related records, and perform other related duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will:
- Have demonstrated successful coaching experience, either at the head or assistant level;
- Meet or be willing to meet the Washington Interscholastic Athletic Association coaching certification standards;
- Possess or be willing to obtain a valid First Aid/CPR card.