The Track & Field Assistant Coach, preferably with Jumps, Sprints or Throws knowledge, is expected to assist in all aspects of the operation of their respective intercollegiate sport program including teaching and implementing skills and strategy, practice planning and execution, game preparation and execution, scouting, recruiting and student-athlete support issues.
- Assist with the organization and operation of respective sport including assuming responsibilities in the absence of the head coach.
- Assist the head coach in developing and implementing coaching strategies and establish expectations that facilitate the achievement of the student-athlete learning outcomes in the areas such as: teamwork, time management, problem-solving, conflict resolution, leadership and personal/professional networking.
- Teaching athletic skills and team concepts as well as implementing skills and strategy in competitive situations.
- Assist head coach to ensure that all actions of coaches and student-athletes of said team are performed with the appropriate level of instruction, safety precautions and training and the physical well-being of everyone is taken into account in all that is done as a member of the program.
- Provide leadership in establishing, regulating, publicizing and enforcing all team regulations regarding personal conduct.
- Maintaining the care of athletic equipment and uniforms used in respective sport.
- Assist head coach to ensure that student-athletes have completed all required eligibility forms, etc. prior to participating. In addition, the coach shall keep the Office of the Director of Athletics notified of all changes in the team roster.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Previous coaching experience and/or education and competitive background indicative of the ability to coach successfully in an NCAA Division III liberal arts college environment.