Responsible for all aspects of training and coaching student-athletes with an emphasis on middle distance and distance running as well as cross country.
- Prepares a Track & Field training program for all student-athletes who participate in middle distance and distance running including cross country.
- Assesses the skill development of each student-athlete, and partners with school staff and performance coaches to ensure their ongoing comprehensive development.
- Assists with the psychological preparation of the student-athlete in both pre-game and post-game.
- Develops motivational approach to practices and games.
- Interacts with the student-athlete as a mentor and as an educator of the sport.
- Responsible for delivering a high-quality program that aids in the annual retention of student-athletes.
- Assists in the college placement of the student-athlete.
- Supports and maintains a high level of understanding of the four-year model for the Academy program student-athlete.
- Experience in coaching and/or competing in Track & Field at the professional and/or collegiate level.
- Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate field.
- Proficiency in all Track & Field training and instructional techniques with an emphasis on the endurance events.
- Strong commitment to student-athletes and their development academically, athletically, and socially.
- Desire to work collaboratively with colleagues.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Commitment to comprehensive excellence.