Serve as an assistant recruiting coordinator for men’s/women’s cross country and track and field programs. Secondary role of supporting the Head Coach, as directed, in the planning, organization, and administration of the Cross Country and Track and Field programs.
• Recruiting (80%)
o Develop an annual recruiting plan to include milestones and goals
o Attend high school, regional, and state level competitions
o Maintain continuous contact with recruits with mailings, phone calls, and social media
o Develop and utilize expertise with the ACS software program
o Schedule and execute recruit visits
o Attend off campus recruiting events
o Develop a social media plan to highlight the program’s accomplishments
• Cross Country/Track and Field Team Management (20%)
o Assist the Head Coach in the design and implementation of training programs/practice regimens with particular emphasis on hurdle events. Meet daily duties as determined by Head coach
o Assist in supervising team during away contests
• Adhere to all NCAA, conference, and institutional guidelines, policies, and rules
• Demonstrate leadership and professional behavior when dealing with student-athletes
• Maintain positive constructive working relationships with student-athletes, athletics department coaches and staff, and all members of the College community
• At all times promote the Cross Country and Track & Field programs in a positive way
• Assist in the academic, moral, ethical and athletic development of the student-athletes
• Yearly NCAA rules test participation
• Assist with other administrative duties as assigned by the head coach.
Bachelor’s degree is required,. USATF Level 1 equivalent certification desired. Coaching experience at the NCAA level with expertise in recruiting and the distance events/cross country desired. An understanding of NCAA rules and regulations is mandatory.
A proficiency in computer and administrative skills desired. The ability to work with and interest in coaching in a diverse student population is expected.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks across the recruiting and program management spectrums.
- Ability to develop, organize and execute a successful recruiting program
- Effective interpersonal skills with high school athletes and their parents
oversight of possible work study support for recruiting
Maintain professional attitude and demeanor in difficult situations. Position must have ability to multi-task in a very busy environment. Must be able to work weekends, travel, drive rental vehicles and be away from home for extended periods of time. Extensive weekends and evenings required of the job.
Well lighted, well ventilated pleasant office work area. Ability to work in all weather conditions for practice and event oversight. Work with students and accompany team when traveling.
Must be able to be proficient in word, excel and able to learn other running related computer programs. Train and become proficient with the Frontrush Athletic software system for recruiting and managing student athletes. Equipment related to sport.
Varies depending upon in-season or out-of-season. Ability to work evenings and weekends to support practices, meets and recruiting events.
It is the policy of St. John Fisher College to provide Equal Employment Opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment in accordance with the applicable federal, state, and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in each locality in which the College has employees.
The College does not discriminate against applicants or employees in hiring, promotion, termination or the terms and conditions of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, military status, veteran status, predisposing genetic, characteristics or genetic information, arrest or conviction record, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please include contact information for 3 professional references.