K-State Athletics is seeking qualified applicants for an ASSISTANT ATHLETICS TRAINER FOR TRACK, FIELD AND CROSS COUNTRY PROGRAM , which is a full-time, salaried, benefits-eligible position.
An example of job duties includes but are not limited to:
- Administer preventative taping on student-athletes, purchase and fit special equipment on student-athletes, maintain safety equipment at practices and competitions to aid in the prevention of athletic injuries, and administer emergency procedures to injured athletes during practices and games/competitions; and ensure adequate supplies and necessary training equipment is brought on team travel trips.
- Assist with NCAA and Big 12 on-site drug testing; and institutional drug testing as directed by Director of Sports Medicine.
- Required to work evenings, weekends and holidays as needed.
- Must be able to travel with teams; have a valid driver's license at all times; and possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
What You'll Need to Succeed:
- Master's Degree in Kinesiology, Higher Ed, Athletic Training or related field by June 1, 2021.
- Two years of experience providing athletic training services for a professional sport organization or NCAA Division I sport program.
- Must have current NATA certification.
- Must be eligible for and successfully apply and receive a State of Kansas Athletic Training License.
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees.