The Head Coach accepts responsibility for the total program, including developing each participating student to a high level of skill, commitment, self-esteem, and an appreciation for the values of discipline and sportsmanship.
- Kentucky Certificate, Emergency certificate or certificate for Substitute Teaching preferred.
- Classified employee exempt from overtime requirements.
- Meets the requirements for paraprofessional personnel.
- Such additional qualifications as the Superintendent or Board may find appropriate and acceptable.
- Coaches and teaches performance skills of the sport to participating students, utilizing district, conference and state approved criteria.
- Plans, schedules, organizes and directs/supervises all practices, games, competitions and related activities.
- Monitors and enforces the student eligibility criteria and all regulations of school, district, conference, KHSAA, and other organizations.
- Maintains professional conduct and serves as a role model for youth in the program and serves as an ambassador when representing district during school functions and activities.
- Prepares and maintains budgets, reports, documents, and other paperwork as required by supervisor or superintendent.
- Develops and implements plans for increasing student participation and success, including providing leadership for lower level teams and civic leagues.
- Maintains inventory of all equipment and supplies ensuring proper repair and good working condition of all equipment complying with all safety regulations.
- Provides leadership and communication with booster and support organizations and keep school administration abreast of organizations activities.