The Head Athletic Coach will supervise the athletic program for which assigned and coach the varsity team of his/her school. The Head Coach will direct programs which will instruct athletes in the fundamental skills, strategy, safety procedures and physical training necessary for them to realize a degree of individual and team success. At the
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists the Activities Director in scheduling and providing transportation. Checks the athletic schedule for conflicts and makes necessary confirmations.
- Assists in the necessary preparation to hold scheduled athletic events or practices and adheres to scheduled facility times. Coordinates program with maintenance and school employees.
- Is responsible to the principal for compliance with school district, SOMSAC and OSAA requirements concerning physical examinations, parental consent forms, insurance waivers, and academic/residence eligibility.
- Provides proper safeguards for maintenance and protection of assigned equipment and facilities.
- Advises the Activities Director and recommends policy, method, or procedural changes.
- Prepares the annual season summary at the conclusion of the sport season.
- Must be positive.
- Should be enthusiastic.
- Should possess a willingness to cooperate and to adjust to various situations.
- Valid Oregon teacher certification is preferred.
- College training in coaching desirable.