As a Track & Field Instructor you will be responsible to organize, supervise and instruct athletes in a way that will enable participants to learn the basic sport specific skills that apply the philosophy and goals of YMCA character development.
- Deliver curriculum for different skill levels.
- Coach, supervise and operate a quality team by demonstrating strong YMCA values, mission-based foundation and member service.
- Communicate in advance any scheduling conflicts.
- Communicate with supervisor on a regular basis regarding the programs.
- Attend staff meetings.
- Provide and maintain a safe program environment at all times.
- Be responsible for the safety of all participants.
- Is aware and will follow proper emergency procedures at all times.
- Demonstrate a mature, professional attitude in the workplace.
- React appropriately to all emergencies.
- As a condition of employment, the incumbent must possess, maintain and renew certifications for CPR Pro and First Aid, which includes EPI and Asthma. Trainings available for those that need to certified.
- Must have knowledge of Track & Field and specific sport skills
- Good communication skills that enable them to interact with children and parents.
- Leadership skills
- Good organizational skills
- Be able to lift heavy equipment and be able to conduct rigorous practices.