To provide students an opportunity to participate in a competitive setting that will foster physical skills, teamwork, a sense of worth and competence, a knowledge and understanding of the pleasures associated with the specific sport and the principles of fair play. Competitive athletic programs will also foster school spirit in a positive manner.
- Teaching certificate preferred.
- CPR certification preferred.
- Minimum two years track & field participation or coaching experience preferred.
- Experience with successful winning program coaching experience preferred.
- Ability and evidence of being able to transition student athletes to the next competitive level.
- Experience in teaching both fundamentals and higher level technical skills.
- Strong understanding of all levels of track program opportunities.
- Demonstration of strong knowledge of all sport related rules that pertain to the safety and welfare of the student athlete that are either school district, PIAA, or National Federation related or mandated.
- Instruct athletes in the fundamentals, the rules of the sport, proper training techniques and safety procedures.
- Design and supervise all practices and meets.
- Strong organization and management of the entire track program.
- Promote good human relations within student body, parents, faculty, and community.
- Promote a high academic standard and establish academic supports for student athletes.
- Plan comprehensive pre-season and post-season conditioning programs.