The Lake Forest Recreation Department is looking for qualified girls’ softball coaches for its inaugural Jr. Scouts Travel Softball Program. This position will report to the Athletics Program Supervisor. Professional head coaches are needed for each age level; 10U, 12U, 14U, and 16U. Practices and home games will be conducted in Lake Forest. Practice will be 1.5 hours and games 2 hours in duration. Teams will meet 2-4 times a week, depending on the season.
Examples of Duties:
- Able to coach youth players and be a positive role model.
- Have an organized practice and game plan for every event.
- Follow all City of Lake Forest employee policies, rules, and regulations.
- Ensures the safety of the participants.
- Responds to participants and parent concerns/inquiries in a professional manner.
- Take care of any team equipment.
- Coached girls’ softball or have playing experience (High School/College).
- Strong knowledge of the game.
- Able to provide own transportation to practices and games.