- Has the ability to organize and supervise a total sports program.
- Has previous successful coaching experience in assigned sport.
- The head coach must have substantial knowledge of the technical aspects of the sport
and, at the same time, must continue to examine new theories and procedures pertinent to the field.
- The head coach must serve as an appropriate role model for student athletes through
his/her instructions and actions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Established the fundamental philosophy, skills and techniques to be taught by staff.
- Designs conferences, clinics and staff meetings to ensure staff awareness of overall program.
- Trains and informs staff, encourages professional growth by encouraging clinic attendance according to local clinic policy.
- Delegates specific duties, supervises implementation and, at season's end, analyzes staff effectiveness and evaluates all assistants.
- Maintains discipline, adjusts grievances and works to increase morale and cooperation.
- Performs such other duties which may be assigned by the athletic director/principal.
Newmarket School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.