- Possesses valid Pennsylvania teaching certificate, preferred.
- Possesses prior coaching experience.
- Possesses prior experience as a player in applicable sport.
- Assures compliance with Employment Eligibility, Criminal History Record, and Physical Examination/TB Test Standard.
- Possesses thorough knowledge of the rules and skills of the specific sport and ability to demonstrate skills.
- Possesses knowledge of the psychology of coaching, preferred.
- Possesses proficiency in the English language, with strong oral and written communication skills.
- Possesses ability to maintain high level of confidentiality.
- Possesses ability to maintain a professional working relationship based on honest and open communication with student/athletes, coaches, parents, all school personnel, booster groups, officials, and the media.
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Presents self to act as a positive role model.
- Serves as a teacher of the fundamentals and finer points of the sport; develops strategy for contests; develops the individual and collective skills of the team; reflects the philosophy of the school and the athletic program.
- Serves as a role model for athletes in areas of demeanor, language and conduct during contests, practices, and at all school related functions.
- Adheres to the policies of the PIAA, District 11, the Eastern Pennsylvania Conference, and the Northampton Area School Board.
- Ensures all athletes have completed physical forms before they take the field.
- Monitors the enforcement of all school policies that pertain to athletics, including, but not limited to academic eligibility, PIAA eligibility, and school disciplinary matters.
- Assists in maintaining an accurate inventory of all equipment.
- Instruct athletes on the safe use and care of all equipment.
- Assists the head coach in conducting well organized practice sessions each day throughout the season when contests are not scheduled.