The Upper School Athletic Director is responsible for all aspects of the school’s Upper School athletic program including interscholastic teams, Independent PE program, and other athletic classes including scheduling, hiring, transportation, and facilities for all Upper School athletic activities.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Work collegially with the Middle School Athletic Director, to develop and implement a strategic plan for Oakcrest Athletics.
- Support the school and its leadership by giving them the information they need to to make decisions in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate functional knowledge of all sports and activities offered under the athletics umbrella to ensure proper instruction, facilities and games.
- Organize regular professional development and mentoring of Upper School coaches that is aligned with the mission of the school.
- Prepare, submit, and administer a budget each year to fund the Upper School athletic programs of the school.
- Oversee the college recruitment process for interested student-athletes.
- Bachelor's degree in pertinent field (athletics or education) required.
- Experience coaching preferred. Strong knowledge of many sports (in particular those offered by school), certification in first aid, CPR, imPACT testing.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills needed.
- Willingness to obtain a CDL license.
- Support for and ability to further the Oakcrest mission and philosophy.