Under general supervision, is responsible for cooperating with the soccer coaching team to lead or assist with one of our Boys Soccer teams. Season begins on February 27th and concludes mid to late May. Practices held Monday-Friday from 3:00-5:00 off campus, with the majority of matches on weekdays.
- Teaches appropriate fundamentals, techniques, and skills.
- Is responsible for health and safety of the athletes.
- In cooperation with Varsity Head Coach, articulates a well-defined and understandable coaching philosophy.
- Applies developmentally appropriate and age-appropriate methods to coaching student-athletes.
- Emphasizes sportsmanship and leadership among athletes.
- Clearly communicates to players, parents, administrators, and staff.
- Positively motivates athletes and promote teamwork.
- Attends all meetings and trainings as required by the league and/or Athletic Director.
- Is familiar with and complies with all policies and regulations as put forth in the schools documents.
Education & Experience:
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Bachelors degree in physical education or related field from a four-year college or university preferred.
- Demonstrated competence and experience in coaching soccer required.
- Recent successful coaching experience in an Upper School environment preferred.
- Must possess or be willing to obtain valid First Aid/CPR card.
University Prep does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, creed, age, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran's status, disability, use of a trained service animal, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to admissions and administration of all its programs, as well as to all areas of employment.