Duties and Responsibilities:
- Instructs athletes in the fundamental skills, strategy, and physical training necessary for them to realize a degree of individual and team success.
- Provides instruction that will lead to the formulation of moral values, strong work ethic, responsibility, teamwork, sportsmanship, selfdiscipline, leadership, and selfconfidence.
- Maintains discipline and works to increase morale and cooperation within the school athletic program and school community.
- Supervises practices, games, and team trips.
- Updates knowledge of technical aspects of the assigned sport and willingness to continue to learn and examine new ideas pertinent to the assigned sport or coaching in general.
- Oversee the budget and purchasing for their program.
- Maintains inventory of uniform/equipment issue.
- Works with athletic director for scheduling.
- Ability to organize and supervise a sports program/team.
- Preferred previous coaching experience in assigned sport.
- Good role model.
- Excellent verbal communications skills.
- Demonstrated leadership and facilitative skills.
- Prestonwood Baptist Church member preferred.