Cascades Academy seeks an Upper School Track & Field Assistant Coach for the spring 2024 season: February 26 - May 17, 2024. This position is responsible for assisting in coaching and providing direction to student-athletes so that they might achieve a high level of skill as well as an appreciation for discipline, sportsmanship, and teamwork in track and field. Experience in athletics and sports is preferred but not required.
- Lead practice 5 days/week, 1.5 hours per practice. Exact times TBD.
- Ensure a certified coach is present at all practices and meets.
- Attend meets on weekends and weekdays as per the season schedule.
- Interact thoughtfully and courteously with students, staff, parents, fellow coaches, officials, and the media.
- Communicate with parents and athletes in writing and in person on a weekly basis when applicable.
- Work with the Athletic Director in facilitating practice and match schedules.
- Work with the Head Coach to develop and implement appropriate training programs.
- Arrange transportation for student-athletes.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues.
- Strong relational skills and emotional intelligence.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Clear verbal and written communication skills.
- Willingness to drive a 14-passenger bus.
- Demonstrated understanding of cultural competence and its impact on the role.
- Appreciation and respect for diversity in all of its forms.
- Advocacy around inclusion.
- Commitment to experiential learning, outdoor education, and social-emotional learning.