Eastside Prep is seeking a Coach who will help us fulfill our mission to guide students to think critically, act responsibly, lead compassionately and innovate wisely. All qualified candidates will be added to our pool of professionals and contacted as needed for various grades and disciplines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Model and inspire essential team concepts of dedication, responsibility, teamwork, and sportsmanship.
- Generate enthusiasm and pride among students in the program.
- Demonstrate the ability to teach skills and strategies associated with the game at this level.
- Engage with student-athletes, colleagues, parents, opponents, referees, etc. with respect and positivity.
- Philosophical alignment with striving to win while promoting the bigger picture of character, commitment, and team supportiveness.
- Attend staff trainings and coaching clinics, as well as the end of the year sports banquet.
- Expertise and experience coaching basketball, preferably at the high school level or above.
- First Aid/CPR training, sudden cardiac arrest training, and head injury training are current (training provided, if needed).
- Successful completion of background check.