An employee in this position will be a personal example of high moral character and superior teaching and coaching standards. The Coach will model and teach good sportsmanship as the number one priority in athletics. This Coach will work with faculty and staff to support player academic and moral success.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promotes the sport within the school through recruiting athletes who are not in another sports program.
- Responsible for the implementation of the athletic policies by the entire staff of the sports program.
- Provides and promotes safe coaching mechanics, techniques and supervision.
- Responsible for maintaining good public relations with news media, Booster Club, parents, officials, volunteers, and fans.
- Understands the proper administrative line of command and refer all requests or grievances through proper channels.
- Maintains discipline, adjust grievances, and work to increase morale and cooperation.
- Develops a program in compliance with Dare County Schools Athletic Handbook as well as the NCHSAA.
- Assists the athletic director in scheduling, development of budget, administration of the softball budget, and making travel arrangements, when necessary.
- Provides documentation to fulfill state and system requirements concerning physical examinations, parental consent, and eligibility.