The Athletic Coach will be responsible for providing a positive working relationship with students, faculty, staff, and parents. Responsibilities will include coaching student athletic programs and ensuring adherence to AIA guidelines.
- Coach student athletes in area of assigned responsibility.
- Organize and supervise a total sports program.
- Establish and maintain good rapport with students, staff, faculty and parents.
- Confirms that all athletes have met AIA and district eligibility requirements before participation in scheduled events.
- Communicates team policies to all athletes (V, JV, FR)
- Follows district and school drug/alcohol codes
- Reports Team Roster and Athletic Scores to the Athletic Director’s office.
- Previous successful coaching experience in the assigned sport.
- Valid Arizona teacher certification, or Arizona coaching certification, or Level 1 Certification issued by National Federation of High School Associations (NFHS) (This requirement is only for Head/Varsity positions)
- Obtain and maintain a valid Arizona Identity Verified Prints (IVP) Fingerprint Clearance Card (AZ IVP FPCC).
- Obtain and maintain First Aid/CPR certification.
- Completion of NFHS online education course entitled “Fundamentals of Coaching”. Course.
- Completion of NFHS online education course entitled, "Concussion in Sports - What You Need to Know.”