To provide knowledge, motivation and leadership in an activity in which the student can excel to full potential while competing in an atmosphere that adds to total education including physical well-being, moral character, and social and mental development.
- Instruct athletes regarding techniques, rules and safety practices of the sport.
- Develops and organizes practice program.
- Schedule and conduct practices according to agreed upon schedules. Practice time for each sport is 3:00p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Supervise athletes from the scheduled beginning of the practice or game until the last athlete is picked up, knowing where all participants are at all times.
- Supervise athletes on buses on trips to other schools.
- Promote the entire interscholastic program of the school and direct the program in harmony with the total school program.
- Set an example of the highest ethical and moral conduct including respecting and supporting contest officials.
- Foster among the participants and spectators an appreciation of the values of athletics, an attitude of good sportsmanship, and a sense of pride in self, team, school, and community.
- Promote a healthy lifestyle to student athletes.
- Must be 19 or older for Assistant Coach and 21 or older for Head Coach per WIAA rules.
- Must have current First Aid/CPR certification or be able to acquire it by the start of the season.
- Type II Driver’s License, preferred.
- Understand the activity/sport, its safety practice, techniques, rules and progression of skill development.