- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Valid Texas certificate for the subject and level assigned.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge and demonstrated competency in the subject(s) assigned.
- General knowledge of curriculum and instruction.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Guide the learning of students in accordance with the district’s philosophy of instruction toward the achievement of curriculum goals.
- Align teaching and available resources to the District curriculum.
- Present subject matter according to guidelines established by the Texas Education Agency, board policies, administrative guidelines and the District curriculum.
- Conduct ongoing assessments of student learning and use results to plan and implement instruction.
- Work cooperatively with other teachers to modify curricula and instruction as needed for special education, 504, ELL, and GT students according to guidelines established.
- Work cooperatively with the campus and district instructional supervisors, leaders, and department heads to improve instruction.
- Offer accelerated instruction to each student who meets any of the state “at risk” criteria in order for the student to perform satisfactorily on the state assessment.